When it comes to problems in our ears, throat and noses, we tend to ignore them and think that it will go away on its own. But, in reality, it gets worse and we need to take some action when we can no longer bear the pain that it causes. What people fail to understand is that ignoring some of the common symptoms can often lead to major problems in future such as hearing loss, raucous snoring, sleep disorders and many others just because you failed to identify your problem and seek treatment from it at the earliest. Another major mistake that people do is seeing their regular family doctor instead of an ENT to deal with these problems.
An ENT doctor deals with the common types of symptoms and combination of symptoms in ears, nose and throat. Here are some of the most common signs that says that you need to book an appointment with an ENT immediately to seek proper treatment –
- Sinus Pain – Sinus pain is very often misunderstood for sinus congestion and most people experiencing it thinks that it will go away on its own. But, it is a pain that persists in the upper teeth or ear and there is an abnormal nasal congestion in the area. The most common cause of sinus pain is allergy and an ENT doctor can help you deal with the problem.
- Sore Throat –If you have visited your family doctor when you have a sore throat and the condition may seem to only get worse even after taking the antibiotics that he might have prescribed, it is time to meet with an ENT if you have not already. Prolonged sore throat that leads to problems in swallowing can indicate that there might be some problems in the throat. This symptom is also very common for people suffering from sinuses or problems in upper digestive track.
- Congestion – If you feel enormous pressure in your head, it might not be from common cold or allergies that you might have. Congestion can often lead to discomfort and pain that becomes unbearable. The cause of the symptoms may be varied such as seasonal allergies, bacterial infection or even viral infection. If the symptoms do not go away even after medications, it might be deviated septum too and it can only be determined by an ENT.
- Headaches – People get headaches for many different reasons. While some goes away after some time, others can be more serious and may be the result of upper respiratory infection, chronic sinusitis or even anatomic abnormalities.
- Hearing Loss –Not being able to hear can be scary. It is important to find the main cause behind hear loss to be able to know if it can be treated and not lead to damage to the nerves leading to permanent hearing problems. Most hearing problems can be treated if they are noise related and are diagnosed at an early stage.
You need to ensure that you choose an ENT doctor such as http://www.piedent.com/ that is professional, experienced and have modern equipment to help treat you.