One of the best ways to take care of your skin is through facial. When a facial is given by professional esthetician, acne and wrinkles are reduced giving your face a healthy glow. Various skin problems can be treated. In order to maintain the glow in your skin, you have to eat a balanced diet regularly, be hydrated, get adequate sleep, wear a sunscreen to prevent sun damage and refrain from smoking.
It is essential to visit your esthetician once in a month to address skin problems. Facials will exfoliate dead skin and decreases impurities in the skin and help your skin look younger. Montreal SPA employs skilled estheticians.
- Consultation: Consultation is the first step. You might be asked by your esthetician to fill in details about your skin concerns, your diet, amount of water consumed and drugs taken. Depending on this, she recommends the treatments.
- Cleansing: Your hair would be wrapped with a towel. Cotton pads or sponges are used to cleanse your skin. She will prepare your skin with a double cleanse so as to create a clean canvas.
- Skin Analysis: Your eyes are covered by the esthetician and she views your skin using a magnifying lamp. She determines whether your skin is oily or dry or normal or sensitive. According to your skin type, and decides the suitable products and treatments.
- Steam: A machine that directs to your face a vapor of warm steam is used. It opens up the pores. This softens up any blackheads and whiteheads, which is extracted. Steam won’t be used if your face is sensitive.
- Exfoliation: It is done using a chemical or mechanical exfoliant. Mechanical exfoliants rubs away the dead skin cells. The bond between skin-cells is loosened when using chemical exfoliants. During steaming, gentle enzyme treatment would be done. Acids help in exfoliation, and are keys to glowing skin.
- Extractions: This involves removing the blackheads or whiteheads. If your skin is ruddy, extractions are usually uncomfortable. If done improperly, it causes broken capillaries and discoloration.
- Massage: Acupressure or massage will be given by your esthetician, which in turn makes you feel relaxed, stimulates your skin and ensures a smooth blood flow.
- Mask: A facial mask ideal for your skin type is applied. Depending on your skin, either hydrating mask, pore-minimizing and tightening mask or soothing mask is applied. Arms and neck are also massaged.
- Serum: After the mask is removed, a serum will be applied to your skin.
- Special Add-ons: High frequency lights may be used for extra benefits. Blue LED lights reduce the presence of bacteria in acne prone skin while red LED lights encourage collagen stimulation.
- Hydration: A moisturizer suitable for your skin type will be applied and a sunscreen will be added as a finishing touch.
Montreal SPA offers a variety of facials. It takes about a month for the skin to regenerate, so it is advisable to get a facial done once in a month. It must be done at least four times a year. If your skin is acne prone or sensitive, you can do it more often.